FPGA & ASIC IP Cores | Ethernet MAC & PCS + RS-FEC
One-Stop Solution for custom silicon IP
Licensable Intellectual Property for FPGA, ASIC or ASSP Designs
Our custom silicon IP is the answer when off-the-shelf solutions are not available or just not good enough. Orthogone’s Ethernet and networking products are revolutionizing the design of high-speed and high-density communications network equipment. Our highly optimized IP cores are the top choice for data centers, networking and communications equipment because they offer:
Ultra efficient gate count and resource utilization:
- Substantial cost savings because lower density FPGA devices can be used to achieve the same performances
- Huge reduction in ASIC/ASSP die area resulting in lower cost per silicon die and significant power consumption reduction
- The industry’s best performance – critical for time sensitive applications such as high frequency trading and data center Ethernet switches
Plug-and-play functionality and easy integration:
- High timing margin of >20% on mid-speed grade FPGA devices
- Direct interface to Intel PSG and Xilinx FPGA high-speed transceivers
Contact us for an IP core that’s right for your needs and we’ll also provide you with a free evaluation license.
For custom design and implementation support our expert engineers offer a range of electronic design services including FPGA/ASIC design, PCB design, software development and full turnkey electronic product development.
High Performance Ethernet MAC & PCS + RS-FEC
The high performance Ethernet MAC & PCS IP cores are based on a unified Verilog code solution that scales from 1-Gbps to 100-Gbps data rates. The cores optionally include Reed Solomon FEC RS(528, 514, 10) with FEC bypass and error correction bypass capabilities.
These FPGA/ASIC IP cores are designed using advanced techniques leading to unmatched ultra-low gate count utilization and amazing latency performances. They include a rich set of standard and advanced features making them ideal for a large number of applications.
The cores provide best-in-class performances in all categories and include some unique differentiators:
- Significant improvement in gate count and resource utilization performances
- Ultra-low wire-to-wire latency for all options
- Unified code solution supporting multiple rates, 1-, 10-, 25-, 40- and 100-Gbps
- Fully integrated MAC, PCS, and optionally RS-FEC solutions
- High timing margin of > 20% on mid-speed grade FPGA devices
- High scalability and flexibility where same code and documentation is valid for all rates
- Fully configurable statistics vector and collector on MAC, PCS, and RS-FEC
The IP cores are released and available now.
If you have special requirements we can easily customize our products to meet your needs by combining different speeds and options specifically adapted to your applications (e.g. PCS / RS-FEC only, Multi-rate MAC/PCS/SERDES, etc.).
Please Contact us to discuss your project requirements.
For more detailed technical information, please download the product briefs below: